We want all members to have an enjoyable and fun experience. With this in mind we have established these Forum Guidelines and Rules to help us achieve that goal.
Member Conduct & Etiquette
- No flaming or name calling. Harassment or abuse directed towards anyone will not be tolerated. Be respectful of other posters. This applies to ALL users, regardless of post count, forum rank or perceived status at delvalreefclub.org. Communicating on a message board is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words. Don't attack individuals.
- You will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, racial, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. Attempts to circumvent the profanity filters will not be tolerated either. Use your common sense.
- No spamming, period. Advertisements and solicitations are inappropriate on these message boards. Any such messages will be removed at the discretion of either a forum moderator or administrator.
- No SHOUTING. It’s rude and annoying. Typing in ALL CAPS may result in your post being deleted. Same applies for AlTeRnAcApS. Please keep in mind that the reason you are posting is so that others can read what you have written. Therefore, we ask our members not to use excessively formatted text and to keep fonts to a reasonable size that are easy to read.
- Post to the correct forum and only that forum. This is a necessity given the high traffic of these forums.
- Delvalreefclub.org and its staff are under no obligation to moderate or police these forums. Non-enforcement or failure of strict enforcement of the rules outlined on this page should not be construed as a waiver of rights by delvalreefclub.org. We will moderate only when deemed necessary and at our sole discretion.
- Delvalreefclub.org reserves the right to perform any action which includes, but is not limited to: moving, closing, editing or deleting of any posting, profile, avatar and/or signature for any reason whatsoever at our sole discretion, without prior notification or explanation to the user. Once again, use your common sense, keep your posts in line and you'll be fine.
- Moderation actions are not up for debate or public scrutiny. Any topics or posts intended to question moderator actions (whether justified or not) will be closed/deleted and the member will be dealt with severely, usually leading up to suspension or removal from the boards permanently.
- If you have a question/problem regarding a moderator action, send an email to the moderator or administrator. Abusive emails sent to moderators/administrators will result in severe consequences to the sender.
- Do not involve yourself in arguments or flaming threads with other members. Opinions will inevitably vary amongst the member population on these boards. If you end up saying something you shouldn't have, we'll have no choice but be forced to suspend/remove you. If you see others bashing/fighting, report the post to us, do not let your emotions consume you. Do not involve yourself and risk your account.
- Please be respectful when interacting with our forum moderators and administrators. They all work to make this a better place for free.
Account Policy and Website Use
- Each forums member is limited to one account/username/alias, unless otherwise authorized by a delvalreefclub.org Administrator.
- Creating additional accounts while under suspension or under review will automatically result in all accounts being banned permanently, even if you're later discovered to be not at fault.
- Do not impersonate other individuals or falsely represent yourself. Creating multiple accounts for the purposes of impersonating others or misrepresenting yourself will result in all accounts being banned.
- Access to the DVRC website is permitted on a temporary basis, and the DVRC reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service without notice. We are unable to guarantee that access to the website or forums will be uninterrupted or error free.
- The DVRC will not be liable for any reason if the website (or features) are unavailable for any amount of time or period.
- We reserve the right to limit access in any of the following events:
To repair, maintain, or upgrade the site or features.
We believe there has been fraudulent use, misuse, or abuse of services or functionality of the site.
We believe that you knowingly provided false, inaccurate, or misleading information.
We believe that you are not acting in a personal capacity.
Copyright, Advertising, Slander/Libel, Linking & Other Legal Matters
- Do not post personal information (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, or any other private information).
- Observe all copyright laws when posting copyrighted material. If the material does not belong to you, do not post (cut & paste) the full article/text on the delvalreefclub.org Board or delvalreefclub.org Forums without permission. Post only the introductory paragraph then credit the source/author and link to the article. Posting articles from other sources in their entirety is a violation of our Posting Guidelines. If you do so, your thread and account will be deleted.
- Do not spam or send unsolicited emails or private messages to other members. We will enforce the United States CAN-SPAM Act of 2004 against spamming of our users. Any spam received will be forwarded to the proper authorities and may result in severe civil liability up to and including criminal prosecution. If you are a minor, a parent/guardian will generally be liable.
- Do not post pornography or links to pornography or obscene materials of any form here.
- No posting, PM'ing or linking of pyramid schemes, chain letters or hit/tag games.
- Do not post direct links to any illegal materials, including but not limited to: illegal software, viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, unauthorized music or video files, etc.
- Do not post slanderous, libelous, or other untrue statements about anyone on these boards. Delvalreefclub.org does not monitor these boards closely for such content and we hereby disclaim all liability associated with these types of postings on our board. If you feel someone has made false statements about you that do not fall under "fair comment", please use the "Report Post" feature to report these posts to us. Members posting such materials may face criminal prosecution. If you are a minor, a parent/guardian will generally be liable.
- All posts are owned by its author. By posting or providing content to this board, you grant delvalreefclub.org permission to 1) use, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, modify, translate and reformat your content, and (2) sublicense these rights, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Delvalreefclub.org will not pay you for your content. For each content posted, you represent that you have all rights necessary for you to make the grants in this section.
- Delvalreefclub.org may modify and amend to these rules and terms at any time without prior notice. We will make efforts to make new changes known, but it is your responsibility to periodically check for updates.
Please obey the rules, use your common sense, and enjoy the boards!